Monday, October 8, 2012

At the Crossroads of Indecision and Indignation

So.  Here I am.  The start of a new blog.  Wondering where to take it.

This isn't my first blog.  It won't be my last.   I'm just not sure how to start here.  Do I share my life story?  Do I post things that interest me?  Am I a news hound?  Am I a parent blogger?  Am I a poet?  Am I an artist?  Do I rage at political nonsense?  Do I walk away from it all?

I have a passion for simplicity, and tiny houses.  I find photography inspiring.  I write often and not at all.  I'm inconsistent in my musings.  I have two children--both take up a great deal of my time and energy (in a good way).

On a regular basis I am angry with how things are run, but constantly feel unable to offer solutions to the problems.

Often--I dream of walking away from it all.  Hitching up a camper to the car and taking the family somewhere else.  Find a fertile place to grow crops and start fresh.  Off grid.  Below radar.  Whatever you may call it.  A real life.  Simple.  Not consumed with attempts to make witty remarks on Facebook or grasping for understanding of  celebrity culture.  Authentic.  Outdoors.  Callused hands, hard muscled, sun-bleached, deep sleep from good work, don't give a damn about the "man", freedom.

Real freedom.  I want a tribe of people that believe the same.  I want a group of people that are willing to raise children together, solve problems together, and live life together.  Trust, valued, equal.

Yes, I am a tribalist.  I am a pagan.  I am a rebel.  I am a parent.  I am a lover.  I am a dreamer.  I am a realist.  I am a hard worker.  I am me.  No one can take that from me.  Or my children.

So, to be at the crossroads of indecision and indignation is a precarious place to be.  I'm on the verge of great anger at society and myself for allowing the grave state that it has become and on the verge of a revolutionary lifestyle.

It's just finding the courage to go there.




No comments:

Post a Comment